Akkord develops and produces feature films and TV series with a focus on animated production, both German and as international co-productions. Since 2001 Akkord has built solid relationships all over the world with producers, production studios, broadcasters, local distributors, subsidy funds and international distributors. This network of worldwide partners secures Akkord’s co-financing abilities as well as access to creative resources and top-notch projects. Akkord's productions are seen through with passion and love by a highly competent team and regularly receive international awards and prizes.
Akkord benefits from over 28 years
of European and US producing experience of its main shareholder and CEO, Dirk Beinhold. Valentin Greulich joined Akkord in 2012 as a Production Executive and has been the company's COO since 2017, handling all aspects of film production and finance, assisted by Finance & Contract Administrator Annkatrin Swars. Highly experienced Development Executives Katharina Wicke, Susanne Biesinger and Claudio Winter take pride in nurturing relationships with writers, directors and animation artists. Akkord’s co-founder, Vinh Pham, holds a Business Degree from the University of Central Florida and learned her trade at CAA (‘91-‘96) and when helping to establish Polygram TV in Los Angeles. While broadening its range of worldwide partnerships, Akkord continues to develop and produce its own slate of animated feature films and TV series, with a focus on family entertainment and preschool.
· RABBIT SCHOOL – GUARDIANS OF THE GOLDEN EGG (2017): animated feature film by Ute v. Münchow-Pohl. Co-produced with Virgin Lands, distributed by Universum Film Verleih and Sola Media.
· RAVEN THE LITTLE RASCAL – THE SERIES (2016/17): 52x12min animated series. Co-produced with SWR/NDR/ARD, 2Minutes (FRA). distributed by Universum Film Verleih and Beta Film.
·World Sales: Sola Media.
· RAVEN THE LITTLE RASCAL (2012): animated feature film by Ute v. Münchow-Pohl and Sandor Jesse. Co-produced with Studio 88, distributed by Universum Film Verleih (Germany) and Gebeka (France).
· BEN HUR (2010), TV 2x90min by Steve Shill. Co-producers: Muse & Drimtim, Frank Konigsberg, David Wyler; for ABC, Sony Pictures TV, CBC, Antena 3, ProSieben. Gemini Awards for Best VFX & Best Sound.
· AFTERWARDS (2008) by Gilles Bourdos with John Malkovich, Evangeline Lily, Romain Duris. Co-produced with Fidélité, distributed by Wild Bunch and Telepool. World Premiere at Toronto Film Festival.
· L’AVION (2005) by Cédric Kahn (competitions Berlinale & Cannes). Co-produced with Fidélité (8 WOMEN, SWIMMING POOL). Distributed by Farbfilm and Pathé. Recipient of numerous children film awards (Sprockets, Toronto; Lucas, Frankfurt; Zlin, Czech; etc.).
· KLEINRUPPIN FOREVER (2004) German teen comedy distributed by Senator and Beta Cinema. Winner of Silver Remis Award, Houston, awards at Sienna and Emden.
· DEAR ENEMY (2003) by Gjergj Xhuvani. German-French-Albanian co-production. Best European Screenplay Award, Sundance Film Festival & numerous festival participations (opening film at Sarajevo etc.).